Sunday, August 8, 2010

Goodbye


Well, I've got a few weeks at home (rare these days) but Michelle needed to fly down to Rio (Brazil) for the week...so, the boys have the place to ourselves (wish us luck!)

...and so it goes. We dropped her off at the airport this afternoon and miss her already. Already looking forward to her return at the end of the week.

Calls to mind a song by Michelle's favorite Aussie band, "the Waifs:"

"Jet plane, fast train, automobile

sometimes we fly on a wing

sometimes we roll on wheels

'I gotta go,' - I know how it feels

but you know it's just part of the deal.

~

Baby there's no such thing as goodbye

just an interlude on a long wild ride

if you're in my heart then you're by my side

and baby there's no such thing as goodbye"

See ya soon Aussie girl!

No comments: