Monday, October 26, 2009

California Trip Part IV: U2 Live



The idea for this trip began when Michelle said she wanted to buy me tickets to the U2 concert for my 40th birthday…Whoa! – I’d wanted to see U2 live since 1983…but when they were scheduled to play Washington DC Michelle would be in Switzerland…I took a look at the tour schedule and the Rose Bowl show in Pasadena seemed like a great alternative and a great excuse to pack up the family for a big trip. The concert was amazing. Much has been said about the monstrosity of a stage they’ve been dragging around Europe and the US…while the carbon footprint of this concert probably dwarfs that of most developing nations I’d have to say it was worth it. As an extra bonus they had partnered with YouTube to broadcast the entire concert live to the world online. The concert is still available on You Tube if you want to check it out:

U2 Live




No comments: